We are super pleased that you are here. There are clearly more articles on compostable Nespresso pods, coffee and coffee capsules. Other educational posts on sustainable coffee pods are for instance from leading media publishers, or Moving Beans. Alternatively read our interesting blog on Nespresso pods.
Next time you are at your preferred cafe and someone captures your eye, here are 10 intriguing coffee curiosities that you can use to start a conversation:
1) Coffee is considered an aphrodisiac. Studies have shown that coffee can increase stamina and the general length of intimate sessions since it has a high dose of caffeine and other different alkaloids.
2) Although coffee has actually pertained to the Arab culture for countless years, it did not enter into the western world till the 1500s. Before that time, priests believed that coffee was a drink of the devil. Yes, devil! Pope Clement VIII finally ended this line of believing by trying coffee and after that offering it his true blessing. Amen!
3) Japan’s official Coffee Day is 1 October. Yes, believe it or not, there is a country, and a heavily tea drinking nation at that, which has an official coffee day. Is that to have their nationals work much more? We will never ever understand.
4) One acre of coffee trees will yield close to 10 thousand pounds of coffee beans. There are still almost 2 thousand pounds of coffee beans once they are grated or hulled.
5) Forty-nine of the fifty states grow definitely no coffee. The state that cultivates coffee beans is Hawaii. Is that to keep the surfers awaken, we do question? When the Big Wave of your life is on the horizon, you don’t desire to be asleep.
6) Germany is the 2nd biggest coffee customer on the planet. Forty-three percent of Germans add sweetener to their coffee, while only twenty-seven percent of Americans (the top consumer of coffee) use any type of sweetener in their coffee. Alright, this was more about sweetener than coffee however you get the idea.
7) The English word coffee is from the Latin word Coffea. Coffea is the Latin name for a genus of trees. If you questioned, “genus” is a primary taxonomic classification that is above species and listed below a family. Any more intelligent now? Not sure but thank you Wikipedia.
8) Every single among the 53 nations that grows coffee lies along the equator, between the tropic of Cancer and Capricorn. That offers us an excellent indication on what the perfect coffee growing weather condition needs to appear like.
9) On average, people who buy their coffee from drive-through windows before work will spend around 45 hours every year waiting in line for their coffee. That’s what we call passion!
10) Petroleum is the only product that is traded more than coffee. The quantity of coffee produced around the world is close to 6 million metric tonnes per year.
The next time you drink coffee, or wish to begin a discussion about coffee or in general, you have a couple of curiosities to show off.
They, Moving Beans, are an entreprise that has been providing Nespresso capsules for endless years, with more info at this link. Do check out a pertinent blog on compostable Nespresso pods. They were the first to deliver aluminium-free Nespresso-compatible coffee pods.